BlackSpot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlackSpot - All Is Black! || All is black behind the white curtain..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to open a *.docx document?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerz
Apprentice
Apprentice
rockerz

How to open a *.docx document? Empty
PostSubject: How to open a *.docx document?   How to open a *.docx document? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:30 pm

I am working on a project with three friends, they've send me a copy of their work, but it's not project.doc, but project.docx!! I cant open it with word.. How can i open it??
Back to top Go down
gavish11
Apprentice
Apprentice
gavish11

PostSubject: Re: How to open a *.docx document?   How to open a *.docx document? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Try to open it with notepad or wordpad.. or even word.. right click and choose open with! Razz
Back to top Go down
Koolguy
Administrator
Administrator
Koolguy

PostSubject: Re: How to open a *.docx document?   How to open a *.docx document? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Microsoft introduced the .docx format in Word 2007 which came along packaged with Office 2007. As an answer to the older more used .doc format, but the problem in this change is still most of us prefer .doc format and most of us still use it. So this makes life difficult for a office 2007 user and a .docx format document reader therefore Microsoft has introduced some converters and filters for the older versions (Office 97-2003) so that they read the newer version (Office 2007)documents.

Here I would like to give you details about some conversion methods which will enable you to read Office 2007 documents in OpenOffice or Office 97-2003 or even in a MAC.

1. Older versions of Microsoft Office (Office 97-2003):
The older versions Only support .doc file format, therefore Microsoft has released a compatibility pack which will convert the
newer file formats into compatible format and let you read Office 2007 documents in Office 97-2003.

2. Open Office:
You can use the Open XML Translator for Open Office to be able to read and edit .docx files with Open Office. Download it below.

3. Online Solution
The .docx converter lets you convert docx documents online. This is a pretty good solution if you don’t want to install the previously mentioned add-ons.
Goto .docx Converter >> http://docx-converter.com/

4. Macintosh
You might want to use the Online Solution above or download a desktop widget from the same developers. If you happen to use Microsoft Office on your Mac you might want to take a look at the Microsoft Office Open XML File Format Converter for Mac.
docx Converter Widget >> http://docx-converter.com/widget/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to open a *.docx document?   How to open a *.docx document? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to open a *.docx document?
Page 1 of 1